Alton Towers Bus
From Saturday 25th March 2017 until Sunday 5th November 2017 inclusive, you will be able to book a bus to take you to Alton Towers right from our front door.
The service will operate every weekend plus Monday to Friday during Staffordshire school holidays. It will cost £1.00 for a
return ticket and under 5’s GO FREE.
Download the flyer for full information.
Here’s some FAQs and top tips to help you get the most out of your visit to Alton Towers:
What is Alton Towers address?
Alton Towers is located at Farley Lane, Alton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
What are Alton Towers opening times?
Opening times vary, so it’s best to check here
Where can I find an Alton Towers map?
Have a click on this link and you’ll see the most up-to-date map there is
What is Alton Towers postcode?
Their postcode is ST10 4DB. If you’re using sat nav don’t be surprised if you find you’re travelling down some very rural roads. The theme park is on the side of a fabulous area called The Churnet Valley.
Tell me about Alton Towers Weather
The theme park is in Staffordshire – the middle of England. As such the weather can be changeable. Follow this link to get the latest forecast
- Check out the park map on your way in and plan out your day to insure you will have time to do everything you would like to.
- Use the electronic queue boards which tell you how long queues are around the park, this will save you time walking to a ride and finding out there’s a 2 hour queue which you don’t want to do.
- Take your time when walking around the park, there’s no need to rush, spend time looking at the surroundings.
- Interact with the staff, smile and say hello to them, it all adds to the magic of the day!
- Use the park’s queue cutting systems; Fastrack, Parent Queue Share and Single Rider Queues.
- If you would like a Fastrack ticket to cut the queues, you will need to purchase one on entry to the park or early on at one of the Sales and Information booths, as they soon run out.
- If there is a large queue for a ride (1 hour +) early on in the day, then don’t go on, the queue may be shorter near the end of the day.
- Arrange a meet up place with your friends, so if anyone gets lost you’ll all find each other. The recommended meet-up point is the foot of Towers Street by Storybook Land.
- Plan when you’re going to eat- you don’t want to ride Submission just after your lunch!
- If you have a long journey home then don’t go on one of the wet rides at the end of the day, you’ll only end up sitting in the car, wet through.
- Abide by park rules, smoke in the designated smoking areas, use the litter bins and put chewing gum in the special ones.The the more Alton Towers have to spend on cleaning up after you, the less they’ll invest in the future.
- Tie up your shoes so they don’t fall off on the rides. And wear comfortable footwear.
- The signs in the queue lines telling you how long you will be queuing for are not always 100% accurate.
- If there is a long queue for the Skyride, you may want to walk to where you want to go. It could be quicker. And there’s never been a better time to walk then now with the Haunted Hollow to follow.
- When you go to eat. Be warned the place’s get busy between 11am to 1pm.
- Get your car park token at the start of the day. This will avoid you queuing when you leave the park.
- Do not throw away your ticket, because it is proof that you have paid if suspicion arises.
- At the start of the day go to the far side of the park, maybe Dark Forest or X Sector, then work your way back to the entrance, this should reduce your queue times, maybe go on the bigger rides whilst everyone else is having lunch.
- Buy drinks from restaurants and food-outlets, not vending machines, and always ask for no ice, it costs less and you get more. Alternatively use the parks coke-refill service, where you can pay at the start of the day and get free refills from selected food-outlet in the park.
- Make use of the priority parking near to the entrance – parking here costs more but it saves having to ride the monorail to get into the park.
- Buy gifts and merchandise near the end of the day to avoid carrying it around, or to avoid queues later on in the day use the collection service. Buy your gift or on-ride photo and tell the shop assistant that you want to collect your item when you leave. As you leave the park go to the pick up point in Towers Trading.
- Look out for the on-ride photographs and make sure you smile :-) Also take advantage of having your on ride photos taken to the photo pick up point in Towers Trading where you can collect your picture when you go home. This saves you carrying your photo around with you.
- If you have children that like to wander off then go to guest services and get a wristband which you can put your name and mobile number on. If your child is found unattended they will be taken to the Lost Children Centre in the windmill at the farm, where staff will phone you.
Heywood Hall | B&B Alton Towers Theme Park
Escape to the fantabulous world of Alton Towers – there’s so much going on, the fun never stops! Home to Britain’s most-loved theme park with great kids attractions, white-knuckle roller coaster rides, special events and much, much more. The theme park is open for the main season between March and November.
Alton Towers theme park is the UK’s number 1 short break destination and Britain’s Greatest Escape. The Resort offers one of the world leading theme parks with ground breaking rollercoasters and endless family fun, a wacky waterpark with gallons of fun, a luxurious spa for the ultimate in relaxation and zany entertainment in our Extraordinary Golf.
There really is too much to squeeze into one day at Alton Towers theme park. The fun doesn’t stop there. Experience Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE to embark on a mission of discovery by joining Captain Black and his crew beneath the wreckage of the galleon in Mutiny Bay, and visit Cloud Cuckoo Land Theatre for the NEW Ice Age The 4D Experience Alton Towers has Europe’s first inverted roller coaster, Nemesis, and the world’s first vertical drop roller coaster in the frightening Oblivion, Experience the ultimate rollercoaster, TH13TEEN, the world’s first free fall drop coaster.
Experience theme park thrills and white-knuckle spills like never before! Alton Tower´s theme park roller coaster thrill rides will get your adrenalin pumping while you spin in the air, make you face your fears whilst hanging above a vertical drop, and fly above the ground with G-forces greater than a space shuttle launch! If you like thrill rides, you´re in for a treat! These roller coaster thrill rides will leave you weak at the knees with breathless excitement! Only the bravest thrill-seekers should dare to ride our fantastic new roller coaster rides at Alton Towers Theme Park Resort. Spins, turns, flips and even rides that have you ‘flying’ close to the ground, there’s a thrill ride for everyone at Alton Towers Resort!
For up to date information on which rides are open and live queuing times, click here.
If you want scary rides, then you’ve come to the right place! Whether you’re spinning down the scary river rapids on Congo River, or speeding on a runaway cart in Katanga Canyon, these scary rides will have you holding on for dear life and laughing out loud! Have fun on these scary rides in a safe and secure environment that the whole family can enjoy. Experience adrenalin-pumping action like never before at Alton Towers Resort! These Scary thrill rides will take the whole family from scary pirate coves and spooky walks, to Alton Towers curses and Sonic Spinball thrills! Laugh and scare your way round Alton Towers Resort, and have the time of your life on our scary rides!
Alton Towers Resort is home to the very first CBeebies Land. Home to a range of unique themed rides, attractions and live entertainment, CBeebies Land will be a completely immersive experience for children and young families to create new experiences and inspire learning through play.
Teach your kids to drive at the Peugeot Driving School, glide through the air on a giant toadstool, and experience Charlie’s journey on the Charlie and the Chocolate factory ride. All these kids rides, attractions, roller coasters and more are only available at Alton Towers Resort!